Tuesday 18 February 2014

GOSH X-Ceptional wear foundation

Hello!
So today's post is a review on the GOSH X-Ceptional wear foundation in the colour porcelain. Firstly, I'm going to give you an insight as to what my skin is like; 

1) Very bad acne - I take antibiotics and have a treatment gel. So as you can tell, this is a good and fair test to see how good the coverage is.

2) Combination/Oily skin type

3) Lots of redness and dark under eye circles

So here, I applied the foundation to half of my face and the other half is makeup free! I use the colour porcelain. 
(I just got out the shower so ignore the hair and dressing gown!)


This photo was taken in front of a window so all lighting is natural. As you can see, the foundation covers up all of the redness and dark circles really well as well as covering up minor blemishes and spots. HOWEVER, I found that on more aggressive, raised spots, this didn't cover them very well and left them with a purple ish colour.


















I'd say the finish is semi-matte. The skin looks matte but gives off a subtle glow. I actually really like the finish and think it makes you look incredibly healthy. It looks very much like skin and appears very natural on the skin. The formula is very similar to the Revlon colourstay- moderately thick but also quite runny.

Another good thing is that it doesn't transfer on to clothes or boyfriends ;) It feels a little tacky to touch when applied which may put off some people but I apply powder so it doesn't bother me.

The colour porcelain is very pale which i love however I found that it did oxidise half a shade darker which is annoying for very pale skinned people like me. The shade Porcelain is a pale, neutral undertoned colour - not too yellow, not too pink. For me personally, I prefer yellow undertoned foundations as my neck at chest are yellow toned. It annoys me how makeup brands assume that if you're pale, then you have pink skin!! WRONG.

Anyway, back to the foundation! I'd say the lasting power is about 6 hours. This is with NO primer but set with powder. Any longer than 6-7 hours and it starts to fade and go patchy around oily/dry areas. However I walk everyday in all weathers so this is pretty good considering. 

It's hard to see in this photo, but my spots still show through even though the foundation claims to cover imperfections!


So those are my opinions on this foundation. Overall, I rate it at 3/5. Needs better coverage and better staying power. You can only purchase this in Superdrug (Not boots unfortunately) and retails for £7.99 which is a good price especially as you get 35ml whereas most foundations only have 30ml. 

Thanks for reading!!
Happy Tuesday! 

Lucy xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment