Thursday 22 May 2014

Current foundation routine for dry to combination skin

Hello!
So today I thought I'd do an updated foundation routine as FINALLY I have found one that works for me! So I have dry skin on my cheeks, forehead and jawline but an oily nose. I find that this foundation routine really works and for the most part is inexpensive! I am also deathly pale so if you're a fair skinned lady like me, you should be fine and dandy!

So this is me with no makeup on whatsoever, as you can see I have moderate acne which I am currently having treatment for! I have already cleansed and applied my treatment gel.


1) First, I like to apply my Nivea Express hydration primer (Which I have a review on here). This will create a soft, smooth base for your makeup as well as moisturising and reducing your dry skin!

 
 
 2) I apply my GOSH illuminating CC cream in "Porcelain". This is light to build able medium coverage CC cream which gives my skin a really radiant glow! It makes my skin look glowy and dewy (Stay away if you're very oily) and it undetectable on the skin! I'm in love. So as you can see in the images below, it has covered some of the more angry spots and scars however hasn't completely concealed them. It is a very pale colour with yellow/neutral undertones which I LOVE. I applied this with my flat top buffing brush.



 3) To make sure I look flawless and spotless, I use my Estee Lauder double wear foundation in "Shell" as a concealer. I can't use this foundation all over my face unfortunately as it is the wrong colour for me :( I have tried all of the pale colours and none of them were right for me as the foundation is too pink undertoned whereas I am more yellow/neutral undertoned. So as you can see, I applied the foundation in the areas where I had spots showing through as well as circles under my eyes!



















4) Using my Mac duo fibre brush, I applied Natural Collection pressed powder in "Warm" on my t-zone. This way it keeps my oily patches nice and matte, whilst maintaining a healthy glow.

5) Apply the rest of your makeup and show people how amazing your skin looks!!




That's it for today folks! Thanks for reading and I hope you found this useful :)

Happy Thursday!
Lucy xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment